onsdag 9 april 2014

Day 3

Today my main focus has been Pathfinding, and I've discovered that the A* algorithm might be suitable for our needs.

When I decided to run the code that had already been implemented, I rapidly noticed that the camera controls I created yesterday weren't working, and I spent about half an hour debugging them to no avail,
and when I was trying to debug it using the Debug.Log() function native to Unity it suddenly started working flawlessly again. I have no idea what the issue was, or why it started working again, because there SHOULDN'T have been an issue to begin with.
Weird shit.

Returning to the pathfinding. I've found a free project that might help me speed up the implementation of the A* algorithm in out project.
It's located Here

The project server has been set up, and I'm trying to migrate my work to that server, so far to little success.
I try to Export the scene I've been working in, which is successful, but attempting to import it to the shared project on the server meets nothing but faliure, citing that the package (which is a .unitypackage file created in Unity a minute earlier) has a unknown format. Apparently Unity cannot read its' own format. Isn't that a joy?
I need to get my work on the server, and will keep trying to solve this issue.

Most hours have been spent reading in on the principles of the A* pathfinding algorithm.
I've also started researching the other projects created by the man who made the grid-based strategy game that I based the foundation of my work on, as he starts handling pathfinding in  his toutorials. They can be found Here

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar