måndag 14 april 2014

Day 6

Monday again! well, back to office hours after being sick on saturday and taking Sunday off.
I've already made it so that there's the option to create thin walls that block access between two specific tiles, without otherwise inhibiting movement using these tiles.

I am now working on the enemy, since the other full-time programmer that was supposed to do this went back to the mainland for Easter. Myself, I'm going on Thursday morning.
Halfway through making a state framework for the NPC I got a flash of brilliance, and I made the turn system, which wasn't exactly what I was supposed to do, but it was something vital that needed to be done in order to finish the project.
Well, it was mostly because I wasn't satisfied leaving all the fields empty in the NPC patterns that I started dividing up the movement into smaller pieces, and realized I could get it to work into the turn system if only I did a little more division.
A couple of hours later, I've made a functioning turn system.
Now the player and the AI move simultaneously, and will move one square before the AI performs a (unimplemented) check to see if the player is in its' field of vision. If it is, it will stop moving, and the player's current movement will stop.
if it doesn't see the player, it continues to the next turn.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar