fredag 11 april 2014

Day 5

More work on the pathfinding today. There's a lot to do, but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.

I've made it so that each Tile keeps track of its' neighboring tiles. This will (probably) make it easier to do the rest of the pathfinding, as well as to create a better tile-to-tile movement system.

A basic pathfinding system is now complete! But apparently (unknown to me) the lead design had added the possibility of moving diagonally to the design. Though my own efforts were shifted to making the movement available to NPCs as well as PCs. Though the lead design dealt with it himself (by adding the diagonal tiles to my earlier pathfinding system's movement options).

My work is now to construct a movement system for the NPCs so that they're allowed to move as well.
I've now created a means for the game to assign Waypoints for the NPCs that they will automaticly walk to, and made a specific command for the NPC's movement system! Progress!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar